1. One point contact: Ensuring regular interaction with all clients whom Client is service provider for fund accounting. This includes interacting with concerned fund manager to obtain required data/vouchers/bank statement/clarification on all aspects of fund accounting on an ongoing basis.
2. Fund Accounting and Reporting: Be responsible for Fund Accounting by ensuring regular update, periodical review, various reports, oversee data updation, vouchers keying in, Bank reconciliation and generating defined financial reports as per the client requirements. Ensure the timely receipt all supporting documents from client and review & assess the same and clarify doubts if any with clients on such documents. Ensure timely reporting to clients ( proactive reporting) which includes NAV computation, XIRR Computation, Water fall distribution, Distribution allocation. This includes regular interaction with clients and obtain all necessary data for physical and electronic and ensure updation in the financial system and test run the reports, discuss internally before sharing the same to clients on authenticity and ensure to provide agreed format of reporting at the frequency at which client requires.
3. Compliance, Tax & Internal Controls: Develop policies, systems and procedures to bring best practice throughout with all clients and ensure adherence of uniform accounting procedures and have thorough internal control system on authentication of reporting. All latest amendment/standards in reporting and compliance of regulatory requirements, which includes tax matters. To ensure that the tax liabilities are met in time and the returns viz: TDS, Service Tax and Income Tax are filed in time.
4. Capacity Building: Provide financial training to team and contribute to their financial competence and to facilitate compliance and meeting agreed deliverables to clients.
5. Assessment of new client : Interact with new clients and share best business practices prevailing in the industry based on your experience and facilitate them for onboarding process in fund accounting angle. Advice and make recommendations for better accounting practices and reporting standards.
6. Line Manage: Functionally manage entire gamut of fund accounting with support staff for all clients who have opted fund accounting services. This position is based out of Chennai and may require to travel to clients place (on need basis) across the country. Ensure timely interaction with front offices for pickup and scanning of documents from client offices.
7. Audit: Assist in identifying external auditors, review and prepare an audit action plan with partners & feedback to Director Finance. Follow-up implementation of plans.
8. Risk Management: Identify risk gaps, comment and provide guidance implementation of the risk management strategy. Lead partner risk assessment and assist in the review, monitoring and reporting of the risk management