- Reporting directly to Commercial Head, the Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership for all sales & Operational planning, warehousing and logistics activities with an effort to control costs while also improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of inventory.
- Shall drive the annual operating plan at the execution level and be the centre of planning for demand, supply and materials.
The ideal incumbent will be a values-driven, results focused leader capable of successfully working with employees at all levels of the organization.
Planning & sourcing :
- Take a lead in the development and implementation of a sourcing policy and procedure to guide all operational activities across the organization.
- Develop a supplier list of reliable suppliers and secure partnerships with them through negotiating advantageous terms to increase efficiency in the supply chain process.
- Examine and test existing contracts with suppliers.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries as per line department specifications.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and legislation requirements
- Maintain high standards of health, safety and hygiene in the warehouse.
- Manage stock control and ensure accurate capturing of all stocks in the system.
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Plan and implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Ensure transporter compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Design guides for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.