Key tasks and duties include
1. Co-ordination of the statutory audit and year-end accounting processes. Engage with external auditors and other relevant stakeholders.
2. Preparation of financial statements for the Group according to accounting standards, including AIFRS, NZ IFRS and US GAAP.
3. Preparation of debt covenant, PDL cash report, and solvency reports on monthly basis.
4. Management of the general accounting processes, including Quarterly GL reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliation.
5. Preparation of the monthly balance sheet, cash flow statement, and consolidation reports for Board Pack.
6. Responsible for the tax management and compliance, including tax effect accounting calculations, tax returns, tax planning and forecasting, review of GST returns, FBT returns, PAYG income tax installments etc.
7. Responsible for the transfer pricing and thin capitalisation calculations.
8. Liaise with tax advisors and tax authorities and coordinate the responses and requirements to all tax queries and audits within timelines.
9. Provide tax advices to Group Finance Manager and CFO on the relevant local tax matters as required.
10. Management of bank accounts and users as the bank administrator.
11. Authorization of daily bank transactions and being one of the bank signatories.
12. Perform year-end rollover processes in Sun System and TM1.
1. Plan audit timetable and processes.
2. Manage audit timetable and hold everyone to his/her accountability.
3. Ensure audit deliverables are provided on time with high quality.
4. Coordinate the whole audit process and be the central contact point for auditors and Australian entity staff.
5. Allocate and prioritise audit tasks appropriately.
6. Preparation of the bank confirmation and legal confirmation, and ensure the audit certificates provided to auditors prior to audit clearance.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
1. Responsible for the month-end accounting processes. Preparation of the monthly balance sheet and cash flow statement for monthly Board Pack.
2. Preparation of monthly consolidated trial balance.
3. Participate in TB review discussions and provide explanation to variances.
4. Preparation of monthly debt covenant report and PDL cash report for ANZ.
5. Preparation of monthly solvency report.
6. Record month-end journals including accruals and prepayments.
7. Perform FX revaluation for necessary GL accounts and record journals, including USD translation.
8. Review intercompany balance matrix and ensure all intercompany balances are balanced.
9. Review Quarterly GL reconciliations and ensure any variances are investigated and corrected.
10. Review monthly bank reconciliations.
11. Preparation of the monthly reconciliation of fixed asset register.
12. Record year-end retained earnings rollover journals in Sun and TM1.
13. Manage reconciliation of data with Sun and TM1.
14. Review and ensure accounting procedures are updated with appropriate documentation.
15. Other Ad hoc accounting tasks as required by Group Finance Manager and CFO.
Tax reporting and compliance
1. Proactively work with Group Finance Manager, CFO, and tax advisors to mitigate all tax risks, including income tax, FBT, GST, withholding tax, transfer pricing, thin capitalization, and stamp duty etc.
2. Prepare tax model half yearly and record tax journals for half-year and year-end accounts.
3. Prepare and lodge company income tax returns for Australian and New Zealand entities before due dates.
4. Responsible for the tax position forecasting, transfer pricing calculation/forecasting, and thin capitalization calculation/forecasting on at least quarterly basis.
5. Engage and manage relationships with tax advisors and tax authorities and coordinate responses and requirements to all tax queries and audits within timelines.
Banking and Cash Management
1. Responsible for bank transaction authorisations and be one of the bank account signatories.
2. Proactively manage the daily and monthly cash flow forecasting and fund deployment to ensure sufficient fund is available for uninterrupted operation.
3. Bank administrator - manage the users and liaise with banks for any changes or issues.
4. Engage in banking transactional platform enhancement
Roles in this Level are professionals/ specialists in a knowledge-based environment. This role is expected to be a signatory of local bank accounts.
Relationships Internal / External
CFO, Group Finance Managers, Local Management Team, Accountants, Accounts Officers, External Auditors, and Tax Advisors, tax offices.
Leadership / Influence
Provides leadership and management skills within related technical/functional areas.
As a Specialist may coach and guide on technical matters or act as escalation point on technical issues.