Manager – Payroll (US) & Timesheet
The Manager of Payroll and Timesheet Services will play a key role in the Accounting department and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of payroll, timesheet services, labor distribution and related activities.
The role requires an unwavering commitment to accuracy for all areas of responsibility and an ability to be a problem solver who can lead a small team and collaborate across the organization to continually improve payroll and timekeeping practices.
o Oversee all aspects of payroll, timesheet services, and labor distribution policies, procedures, process flows, controls, and all related activities. Ensure a sound control environment and adherence to SOX internal control requirements as it relates to associated activities.
o Manage administration of payroll including importing and processing timesheets for all non-exempt and part-time employees, computation of required and voluntary deductions and preparation and verification of payrolls.
o Ensure bi-weekly payroll is completed accurate, on time, and that wages, salaries, and deductions are paid in accordance with established policies and the law.
o Maintain payroll related general ledger accounts including completion of journal entries and account reconciliations.
o Prepare and distribute various payroll and labour-related reports to key stakeholders on a recurring and as needed basis.
o Provide training to employees on payroll and timekeeping systems.
o Oversee internal and external payroll related audits.
o Ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
Qualification And Experience:
1. 8+ years of progressive experience in payroll, timesheet services, labour distribution, and/or related activities. 5+ years of management experience.
2. Strong leadership/communication/interpersonal skills, high energy, a desire to have a positive impact, and project management skills.
3. Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively across functions.
5. Strong business acumen, ethics and integrity.