Manager Marketing Communications
• Responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating all marketing communications materials to promote the company and further the company's objectives.
• Consults with management, sales departments, and advertising agencies to develop and implement promotional plans.
• Manages the preparation of sales aids, controls all advertising and public relations projects, and recommends the media best suited to sell specific products or services.
• Own and maintain website to reflect the corporate brand identity, updated for various services and products. Benchmark and upgrade user experience of the website.
• Drive the brand salience among digital natives - support offline and on line social media activities.
• Interfaces with vendors to produce promotional material. May specialize in particular mediums of communication.
• Manage production workflow of marketing communications staff and the execution of projects from concept to deliverables.
• Work with marketing managers to define project objectives, messaging and scope and execute accordingly.
• Responsible for external vendor relationships for creative, copywriting, printing and advertising specialties.
• Effectively manage and monitor budgets for related marketing initiatives.
• Mentor and coach marketing communications staff.
• Maintain an understanding of Co’s service offerings and key markets.
• Maintain an understanding of Co’s strategies and key tactics.
• Other duties as assigned.
o Manages marketing specialist, design and event staff and directs the production of marketing projects. Recruits, contracts with, and manages external writers, graphic designers, printers, photographers, mailhouses and other firms hired by the Co’s to perform marketing-related functions.
o Manages budget within project and marketing plans, tracks project expenditures and looks for cost efficiencies to maximize marketing dollars.
o Serves as a mentor to grow and develop staff and handles routine managerial functions (performance reviews, etc.) for marcomm employees.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Five to seven years experience in progressively challenging marketing communications positions.
2. Proven project management skills.
3. Experience leading teams and providing work direction to others.
4. Experience managing external vendor relationships and effectively negotiating prices and services.
Experience in event management
5. Proficient in handling internal / external brand building and communication activities and prioritising against tight deadlines.
6. Experience in selection and managing execution partners such as PR, Digital and creative agency for agreed SLA.
7. Experience in designing & executing PR, Events and BTL led communication strategies
8. Own and lead campaign design and delivery to meet ROI.
9. An out of the box thinker with the flair of charting out corporate communication and branding strategies.
A. Excellent writing and editing skills required.
B. Strong interpersonal skills.
C. Creative flair and enthusiasm for new ideas and concepts.
D. Flair for content creation
E. Commitment to producing top quality work, on time, within specifications, and on budget.
F. Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
G. General knowledge of various communications vehicles, including print, video, electronic, etc.
H. Strong creative and graphic design sense, knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
I. Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams.
J. Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
K. Attention to detail and accuracy.
L. Demonstrate good skills in advising and influencing stakeholders on different communications strategies to engage employees