The key objective of this role is to gather market insights with respect to consumer behavior, trade behavior, track competitor activities in the market, garner feedback from the trade on various promotions and offers and study their impact.
- This role will feed the insights gathered into the CVM team at the corporate to ensure better products, promotions and sharper targeting. The role holder shall play a key role in launching geography based segmented promotions and designing localized promotional activities.
Shopper Insights :
- Gain insights on consumers walking into MBOs, Retail outlets and stores and translate these into concrete business programs and ideas for U&R proposals.
- Coordinate and oversee primary research activities including focus groups, usability studies, customer in sighting interviews, etc to understand the customer and his/her motivations for adoption or rejection of our products vis a vis competition
- Collaborate with brand team in communication effectiveness of visibility elements
Analyse U&R Campaigns Feedback :
- Gain ground level feedback from shoppers / trade on current key U&R products and engage with the Corporate CVM team to evolve, build suitable changes
- Track competitor products and promotions and their performance by working with trade and consumers
Geography Segmentation :
- Designing strategy for different clusters basis competitive positions & actions
- Recommend / build differentiated programs for different clusters
- Map offers by geography
Retailer Insights :
- Derive, analyse and evaluate U&R offer landscape # by geography, # by competitor and # by demographic segments
- Recommend actions in combination with incentives, retailer engagement, and other competition schemes, so as to evaluate the U&R landscape holistically
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- CVM/CLM experience preferably in telecom domain and classical product management experience
- Should be customer obsessed and innovative with a high sense of intellectual curiosity. An eye for detail while keeping the big picture view
- Have ability to spot trends, interact with consumers, trade and gather information and generate meaningful and actionable insights
- Prior experience in qualitative research / insighting will be an added advantage