Manage indirect taxation compliance & litigation. Advise Company and other departments on indirect taxation implications in business transactions.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Indirect Taxation Compliance -
- Coordinates with VAT consultant & ensures timely filing of returns.
- Conducts the statutory audit cycle for MVAT compliance
- Replies to Service tax / VAT department on time or within the extensions obtained.
- Ensures Service tax audits are completed on time
- Ensures VAT assessments are completed on time
Litigation Management -
- Ensures that indirect taxation related litigations, initiated by and (including
investigations) against the company, are timely attended to.
- Attends hearings & liaison with tax authorities and consultants
- Keeps Head-Legal and Management abreast of developments & risks
Advisory to other department -
- Keeps self-updated on various developments on Customs, Excise, Service and VAT laws and implementing / advising the relevant changes
- Advises on Customs, Service and VAT with respect to business transactions
Review of Contracts and Agreements
- Coordinates with respective departments for finalization of contracts and agreements to identify risks and advise risk mitigation actions in consultation with Head-Legal
- Keeps updated with changes in law/ interpretations / legal judgments, affecting the Company