Manage the Human Resources function within Morgan McKinley (India) by providing expertise and advice to line managers and employees. Empower line managers to deal with day to day HR matters as they arise through education and training on HR best practice.
Complete ownership and accountability for recruitment and selection process for all new hires in India.
Partner with leadership team to deliver value-added people interventions and projects (e.g. engagement strategies, development and promotion of employer brand, talent assessment, talent identification, talent planning, recruitment and retention programs and succession planning).
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
- Maintenance of CV database, job boards, building relationships with external recruitment consultants as required to build CV pipeline to ensure we are on track to meet headcount requirements for the region.
- Coordinating Interviews and management of every stage of the recruitment and selection process to ensure effective and efficient on-boarding
- Onboarding new employees including coordination and running of induction programme, training and development and other onboarding activities.
- Working collaboratively with the global HR and Talent Acquisition team to develop the MMK employer brand in India.
- Partnering with global HR colleagues & share information that assists the team
Employee Relations and Engagement
- Be the first point of contact for all formal HR issues (not resolved at local management level), providing timely and effective guidance, support and advice to employees and managers.
- Support and advice on the interpretation and implementation of HR policies, procedures and systems across a wide range of HR areas.
- Encourage morale, ascertain gaps and provide HR solutions to improve employee engagement.
- Work closely with the local management team to identify issues and drive solutions that increase employee trust, commitment and engagement.
- Streamline existing HR processes and propose new initiatives as necessary.
- Work closely with HR manager and wider Global HR and People teams on key global strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are compliant, effectively communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Develop and maintain regular weekly, monthly and quarterly HR reports to support local and HR operations.
- Produce ad-hoc reports to meet HR and Group management requirements.
- Conduct exit interviews and compile retention reports as required.
- Responsible for all HR reporting, HR systems and databases.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all employee files and management of the administration of contractual documentation (hard copy and e-files) internally.
- Onsite Health and Safety Representative - Support and comply with internal environmental, health and safety requirements and legislation.
- Coordinate and manage new hire orientation for all new starters.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and reporting documents are in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Ensure legal compliance with all relevant Indian legislation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage the employee compensation and benefits and performance management scheme.
- Work with local office management and vendors to provide employee services such as food service, transportation, health insurance etc. and maintenance of same.
- Involvement in different HR projects such as; Internal engagement surveys and initiatives, wellbeing week, benefits analysis and benchmarking.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
Significant prior HR experience, (4 + years preferably) gained ideally in an international company or Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) environment, with a strong-customer-focus and performance based culture.
Capable of the setup and establishment of a HR function in a new office location, self starter comfortable in a role of significant accountability.
An excellent knowledge of local employment law and proven experience in employee relations, recruitment and performance development programmes.
Strong educational background - to at least degree or equivalent level in a HR related discipline.
Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Confidence working with senior leadership teams.
Demonstrable data-analysis, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources.
Positive working attitude and professional approach.