Quality Manager (Head) - Food Products
- Compiling of quality standards and/ or specifications in accordance with AIB and FSSC 2200 standards
- Manage the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems including :
- Prerequisite Programmes (PRP- s)
- Personal hygiene standards
- Provide training on the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Data reviewed and corrective and preventative action taken
- Specifications reviewed
- Approval of raw materials and suppliers
- Risk analysis
- Corrective Action Plans
- Managing external audit process
- Conducting internal audits
- Management of costs against approved budget
- Assist Plant Head to ensure that the facility and all contractors/ vendors are in compliance with all State and Local regulations pertaining to Food Safety and Quality.
- Supervises direct reports
- Review product formulations to assure that they are in line with the current nutrition labeling information.
- Initiate annual plant Mock Trace ability/Recalls exercise
- Review, update, and maintain plant Quality and Food Safety Programs, HACCP Program, Recall Program, GMP Policies, Allergen Program, current vendor Ingredient Specifications including Kosher certification letters (if applicable)
- Prepare and maintain internal and external (i.e., customer specific) Finished Product Specifications
- Prepare, maintain, and submit documentation as required for Nutrition Labeling Program
- Lead in corrective action process related to quality and food safety programs, consumer concerns and facility audits.
- Review documentation and advise plant management on all compliance issues associated with food safety compliance issues such as proper record keeping for Bio-terrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002
- Assist with develop of training materials and training of authorized employees concerning areas that affect product safety, legality and quality.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
Qualification And Experience :
1. B. E with 7-15 Years in QA in Food Manufacturing Industry is a must
2. Previous exposure to FSSC 2200 standards / experience within a FSSC 2200 accredited facility.
3. Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly to change
4. Must exhibit effective communication skills.