Provide consulting support to solve for business problems in the area of customer analytics for our Global Client's in the CPG/Retail domain. Primary responsibility for the role is to deliver on Analytics engagements for our clients in this industry. The successful candidate should have strong consultative, business skills in addition to quantitative ability. As well as be exposed to the challenges of using statistics in a business setting, such as incomplete data, biased data, large data sets, low signal-to-noise ratios, high variance and multiple objective functions. Requires being creative and resourceful and will utilize traditional statistical methodologies as well as newer techniques from computational statistics and data mining.
As a Manageryou will be responsible for:
- Develop methodologies to support Customer Analytical project execution for CPG/Retail clients
- Ability to solution any customer analytics project in CPG/Retail domain
- Manage a team of analytics resources to ensure that deliverables are met with quality and in a timely fashion
- Engage with middle / senior level clients (VPs) effectively in a dialogue;
- Lead and supervise predictive and descriptive analytics based solutions for
Statistical Models across customer Lifecycle
Attrition / Cross-Sell / Upsell Propensity Models
Customer Lifetime Value
Big Data Analytics
- Develop and articulate strategic recommendations based on rigorous data analysis
- Partner with client teams to understand business problems and marketing strategies
- Develop proof of concept for key CPG/Retail clients including scoping, staffing, engagement setup and execution.
- Work with deal teams to provide subject matter expertise and brain dump for important client proposals and RFPs.
- 7-10 years of analytics overall experience, with hands on experience of predictive customer analytics in the CPG/Retail industry
- MS in Statistics, Data Mining, Econometrics or related fields or MBA
- Exposure to US/ overseas Markets
- Strong Consulting and project management skills and demonstrated experience in managing teams across functions and geographies
- Prior experience of solutioning, shaping client opportunities in respective industry
Key Competencies and Characteristics:
- Proficiency in one or more of analytical tools such as SAS product suite (Base Stat, E-miner, Sas EGRC), SPSS, SQL, KXEN and any other statistical tools such as R, Matlab etc.
- Advanced Excel including VBA and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to translate open ended business problems in analytical hypothesis and test the hypothesis leveraging various data sources
- Comfortable with techniques like logistic regression, segmentation / clustering, optimization, survival analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to tie analytic solutions to business/industry value and outcomes
- Desire and ability to collaborate with business partners and drive initiatives