Overall purpose of role
As an Equity Research Analyst, the candidate will work with a senior analyst as part of the sector research team and will be expected to gather, track and analyze relevant data, update models/analysis, present findings to internal clients, etc so that Barclays Research can provide advice to clients to make the best investment decisions.
• Creating and updating models/spreadsheets in connection with valuation and Research forecasts
• Gathering data relevant to the sector around pricing, promotions, etc
• Compiling historical data in respect of stocks and companies from publicly available sources
• Updating and maintaining databases to track relevant financial, economic or other indicators which may be relevant to the sector and/or region under coverage
• Assisting with adhoc analysis as may be required by the senior analysts
• Monitoring relevant market news
• Assisting with the preparation and development of research reports, industry primers and marketing presentations
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
As part of a global team, the Mumbai based individual will be required to interact with senior research analysts and members of the regional teams on a frequent basis. The individual will also be required to develop and maintain relationships as required with external third parties (e.g. investor relations), The individual will require to have exceptionally strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
This role requires the candidate to have excellent analytical skills. The candidate will be required to search for relevant information and think of ways to add value to the team and clients by helping identify anomalies/trends that could potentially lead to newer themes or investment ideas. The candidate will be responsible to manage the process of maintaining/updating databases, models, presentations etc and will be responsible to improve the speed and efficiency of this process.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong interest in the subject matter
• Resourcefulness, and proactive attitude
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Strong understanding of financial terms, valuations, balance sheet, etc.
• Proficient in building financial models
• Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office applications
• MBA or Chartered Accountant with prior experience in sell side Equity Research