As the corporate lawyer, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Attend and pursue court matters and liaison with Govt. Agencies like Revenue, Land Acquisition, Local Authorities, Police etc.
- Manage local labor problems in Hisar court, Haryana.
- Solve legal matters in the high court of Chandigarh.
- Ensure compliance with Central & State Legislations and local bye-laws applicable to the company and liaison with government agencies and departments for operational matters.
- Assist the senior management/counsel while negotiating in dealings with clients.
- Draft commercial contracts and agreements and process term contracts and service agreements as required.
- Advising on the interpretation of the law on Statutory and Regulatory Compliances.
- Legal risk and crisis management, proactive analysis of the legal & policy changes and their implementation.
- Providing in-house legal opinions, legal notes & recommendations for case filing/withdrawal.
- Maintain records and summary of all ongoing legal proceedings and give updates to the City Head and Head of Department in respect of all such matters on regular basis.
What you should possess to qualify for the job:
- LLB degree or similar educational experience.
- Minimum 5-year prior experience in providing law-related services as the legal executive in the manufacturing sector .
- Good drafting skills and knowledge of Central and State legislations is essential.
- Prior experience in handling high-stake matters and dispute resolution.
- Expert in the vetting of complaints, written statements, petitions, appeals, revisions, statements of claim etc. before various government departments.
- People's person with firm connections in high court.
- Strong communication skills, ability to demonstrate empathy for others by listening carefully.