1. Experience in Java
2. Knowledge in Hadoop (HDFS and MapReduce) concepts
3. Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
4. Ability to write MapReduce jobs
5. Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase
6. Ability to write Pig Latin scripts
7. Hands on experience in HiveQL
8. Familiarity with data loading tools like Flume, Sqoop
9. Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie
10. Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concept
11. Loading data from disparate data source sets
12. Certifications like Cloudera Developer/Administrator Certifications added advantage
13. Hands-od experience with at least two NO SQL databases
14. Ability to analyze, identify issues with existing cluster, suggest architectural design changes
15. Ability/Knowledge to implement Data Governance in Hadoop clusters
16. Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform, having Java background
17. Strong understanding of underlying Hadoop concepts and distributed computing
18. Strong skills writing Map Reduce
19. Expertise with Hive
20. Experience working with Big Data on Amazon Web Services
21. Experience with Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce, S3 on AWS
22. Customer facing skills, responsible for deliverables, schedule and effort management
23. Ability to Lead/Manage a team
24. Creating Requirement Analysis and choosing the platform
25. Designing he technical architecture and application design
26. Deploying the proposed Hadoop solution
27. Played pivotal roles as an engineer and architect across domains
28. Experience with machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques.
29. Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
30. Be very comfortable with Agile methodologies in order to be able to arrive at difficult engineering decisions quickly
31. To be able to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
32. To be able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Work with the team in providing hardware architectural guidance, planning and estimating cluster capacity, and creating roadmaps for Hadoop cluster deployment
- Evaluation of Hadoop infrastructure requirements and design/deploy solutions (high availability, big data clusters, etc)
- Troubleshoot and debug Hadoop eco system runtime issues.
- 4 Years- experience with Hadoop
- Strong experience in tuning long running quires in Hadoop environments
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack such as Sqoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Pig, Hive, Oozie.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties with respect to business needs
- Hands on expertise in systems administration, Linux tools, configuration management on large scale environment.
- Expertise with data integration and scheduling tools preferably Cloudera Manager, Nagois, Gangila,
- Exposure to configuration tools like Chef/Puppet
- Working knowledge of Unix operating system, command set and basic shell scripting.
- Systems analysis skills to support/maintain operational systems
- Strong communications skills verbal and written
- Very good knowledge of scheduling and job prioritization for a high demand 24/7 Business Intelligence organization.