Technical Architect & Senior Tech Lead Positions
1) Architecture, Design, Development and Testing of Mobile Access Network products features (embedded SW).
2) Create high quality Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Basic Design, Detailed Design, Code, Unit Test Plan and Integration test plan.
3) Review of Architecture and all Design documents
4) Create overall Testing strategy including UT, IT etc.,
5) Troubleshooting and Performing Causal analysis.
6) Should be able to work as a team comprising of Project Lead(s), Technical Lead(s), Lead Engineer(s), Module Lead(s) , Senior Engineer(s) and Engineer(s).
7) Responsible to work with the technical teams from multi vendors
1) Experience in one or more of the following domains: UMTS, LTE, LTE Advanced.
2) Hands on experience in end to end product development and customer support is mandatory in the areas of MAC, RLC and PDCP(L2 layer) wrt to LTE
3) Experience TI DSP is essential
5) Development experience in any of the following:
a) Network Elements: NodeB, eNodeB, RNC, MME
5) Excellent skills in LINUX, C, Data Structures, Multi-threading, Inter-Process Communications, Memory Management and Debugging.
6) Knowledge of configuration management system ( SVN, Mercurial, CVS etc).
7) Knowledge of tools(desired): Spirent, iTest, gdb, Cunit, Coverity, Electric Fence, Gcov, Gprof
8) Good in Root Cause analysis techniques
1) Knowledge of Telecom Standards( 3GPP, IEEE, ITUT)
Key Duties/Tasks, Responsibilities/ Performance standard for this position:
1) Understanding of existing system, technical requirements, issues and limitations
2) Creation and review of Architecture, Design Document, Code, Unit Test Plan, Integration test plan for a Product release consisting of more than one feature.
3) Drive the execution of Unit testing and Integration testing activities
4) Customer and Vendor Management
1.Ensure scalable and optimized software design which meets the constraints of memory, CPU and overall system requirement specification.
2.Bring forth alternative design approaches and conclude on the best approach by way of brainstorming.
3. Ensure that 80% of defects of an overall release ( SRS->IT) are detected within SRS, Design and Code.
Technical Transfer and review, Team rampup and Mentorship
1. Mentoring team members such that they develop capabilities one level higher than their current position.
Execution product sustenance activities at times
1. Ensure fixation of reported field issue(s) from customer as per agreed SLA(Service Level Agreement).
2. Ensure that fixes are evaluated from an Design point of view and are tested thorougly.
Educational Qualifications Required/ Specialization
Bachelors/Masters degree in communications engineering from premier institutions with atleast 75% marks.
Additional qualifications most important for this job
1) Should have high focus towards the creation of QUALITY deliverables.
2) Strong Communication skill to manage Customer and Vendor
3) Patience and a never say die attitude.
4) Ability to work under challenging deadlines by maintaining integrity until task completion.
5) Should ensure right amount of detail in the delieverables and proactively spend the amount of time desired.
6) Should be able to technically lead 3-5 members
Descriptions of other aspects important for this job
1) There is very high expectation towards the QUALITY of deliverables created. Quaility here not only means technical correctness but look and feel of the artifacts, level of detail in terms of pictorial representation etc. This also includes progress reporting, general queries and any other project work. The person should positively ensure that these expectations are met out of the task performed by self and also by the team.
2) Belief in KAIZEN( Continuous Improvement)
Communication Skills / Interpersonal work relationships / Other
1) Excellent command over written and spoken English.
2) Very good listening skills.
3) Sensitivity towards cross cultural communication.
Desired Industry background
12~16 years in Telecom(Embedded Software / FW) industry.