Roles and responsibilities
Principal Responsibilities :
- Oversee day to day maintenance of in house developed high frequency trading platform
- Act as second level technical support to technical operations team for problem identification and resolution.
- Build on a culture of accountability and quality delivery to create a robust trading Platform
- Manage to 99.99% uptime
- Improve process for production change control
- Define and track appropriate metrics for production health
- Responsible for capacity planning and testing
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Coordinate with application development teams for timing of product releases and risk assessment
- Drive a continuous improvement process, including postmortem reviews after production issues
- Maintain and test a disaster recovery plan
Required Candidate profile
The successful candidate will be able to drive projects to completion through interaction with internal and external stakeholders. Strong candidates should have prior experience in software product development, team management,
Production Support and project management :
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 7+ years working in a high-availability, production environment
- 3+ years- experience building and managing a team of support development engineers
- 5+ years of programming in .Net, C++, Perl, Shell
- Proven track record of capacity planning
- Good knowledge of RDBMS like SQL Server
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with financial and trading systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual - high energy, high activity levels
- Passion for working with an innovative, small but rapidly growing company