Larsen & Toubro is a US$ 16 billion technology, engineering, construction and manufacturing conglomerate, with global operations. The Company addresses critical needs in key sectors including infrastructure, construction, hydrocarbon, power, defence, aerospace and shipbuilding.
The company has successfully evolved a system of inducting a section of its future leaders through the EA Program driven by the Group Executive Chairman’s office at Mumbai, India.
Under this program, aspiring bright and young incumbents are made to go through nearly a year’s training, under the direct mentoring of the Group Executive Chairman Mr. A. M. Naik, following which they are deputed to an appropriate L&T line of business as a hi-potential personnel at a covenanted grade.
The importance of the position is best described by Mr A M Naik himself in an interview to Business Standard on February 21 2014, where he said, “I am personally mentoring 19 people today. I need only two executive assistants, but I have 13. I am training people who may be relevant only 10-12 years later.”
Who will qualify:
This opening is only for female candidates
Excellent academic pedigree:
1) Engineering Graduates from a premium technical institute, and
2) Full Time MBA from a premier management institute is must
3) No gap in education and no backlogs in education
1) 5 to 8 years of experience.
2) Candidates from Finance/Infrastructure/Engineering / Power background are preferred
Excellent communication skills
Ability to multitask
Less than 33 years
The incumbents will be expected to:
1) Interact at the highest levels of organization/s inside and outside L&T
2) Analyse and understand the economic and business environment.
3) Be involved in high-impact decisions making processes and projects of great magnitude, complexity and speed.
4) Be a part of L&T Strategic and Operational initiatives
5) Involve with Corporate functions and interact with operating businesses to enable effective co-ordination of various activities, and provide relevant information and assistance to the Chairman.
On developing a good degree of business acumen as an Executive Assistant, the incumbent can look forward to working with business leaders in L&T's various businesses, after around a year.