Role purpose: To drive sales and manage Key accounts end to end with responsibility of Sell through, sell out, customer management and customer marketing activities with support of an extended team to meet revenue, volume, share and growth objectives.
- Deliver volume & revenue sales target for all products by executing the business plans and customer marketing activities for Key retail customers.
- Monitor quality range, availability, sell through & sell out,
- Manage extended team of Key Account Executives and operations managers to achieve sales and retail excellence standards.
- Strengthen relationship with key retail customers
- Competition Tracking & reporting - schemes & programs
- Execute promotional activities for Retail partners to drive sales and build market credibility
Retail excellence and activation to drive throughput: Achieve outlet level throughput and shares with focus on Retail excellence (Promoter & KAE working; Demos; Displays, staff engagement and sell out activations)
- Extended team management - Account Executives and Operations managers
- Target Setting & monitoring performance of Extended team
- Deployment of partner manpower, coverage plans
- Review meetings, skill development of team
- Manage & deploy In-store promoters
- Impart product knowledge to sellers
- Addressing issues and problem solving
Account Management :
- Joint Business plans
- Relationship with key stakeholders - across hierarchy and functions of customer organization
- Customer activation and retail execution
- Performance Review & discussion with team and customer
- Account reconciliation and compliance to company policies.
- Templates and process implementation at partner level for tracking KPIs of revenue, volume & coverage
Critical Success Factors :
- Key account management skill
- Team management and skill development, learning mindset
- Retail excellence and execution.
- Building commitment of partners and retailers
- Agility in the market, analytical thinking & ownership
- Understanding of drivers of retailer business - investments, ROI, cash flow, rotation, inventory etc.
Threshold Functional Competencies :
- Products Services & Technology Knowledge - Consumer
- Working with Partners
- Communication skills
Differentiating Functional Competencies
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Team management
- Sales & Key Account management skills.
- Sales Planning & Forecasting
- 8-12 years of experience in sales management & retail marketing in consumer business
- Experience with in Sales, Marketing and Retail and business development.
- Best practices and customer relationship management
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Essential : Graduation :
- Desired : full - time post - graduation in business management/MBA from premier institutes
- Accountability for revenue targets for named customer & geography for all products.
Non - Financial :
- Monitoring of sales force and customer relationship
- Resolution of customer/Distributor issues within timelines.
Key performance indicators
- Achievement of key targets in the distribution network (Sales, Revenue) in the territory.
- Achievement of customer revenue and share targets.
- Performance management of extended team.
- Delivery of retail execution metrics