- Activities include but are not limited to: contributing to design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, supporting beta testing, bug fixes and documentation.
- Under minimal supervision, works with business partners and systems personnel to identify and develop new processes and/or systems, change current processes to enhance their effectiveness, or eliminate processes that are not justified.
- In support of this, performs financial analysis and coordinates computer system changes and development processes. Produces project documentation including formal proposals and schedules, system requirements and testing plans.
- Trouble shoots any system failures and discrepancies. Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution.
- Designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the business areas and other organizational units and resources.
Specific Technical Knowledge and Experience Required :
- An expert in Java - all around. All tiers of Java, superior knowledge of Core Java, JDBC, JMS, Spring, JBoss, JUnit, JNI.
- Must be very strong with OO design.
- Knowledge of Client-server concepts, (3 tier architecture concepts preferred), and GUI development concepts required, experience with Flex Builder preferred.
- Superior knowledge of relational database environment, Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of UNIX environment, Solaris preferred.
- Specific Business Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience with analysis, design and development of investment applications and processes.
- Familiar with a broad array of Fixed Income products including government, corporate, and mortgage related bonds
- Familiar with common fixed income analytics terminology and calculations
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of independent and critical thinking and problem solving
Academic Qualifications (minimum requirements):
- B.S. or advanced degree or equivalent experience in computer science is strongly preferred
- B.S. or advanced degree or equivalent experience in finance, math or statistics is a plus