- contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets information architecture financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Understands information requirements by studying organization mission, goals, and business drivers; conferring with executives.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements; determining platform architecture, technology, and tools; studying business operations and user-interface requirements; directing development of physical database.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models; completing validation tests.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Demonstrated experience managing technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.)
- Proven expertise with software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and analysis including Java design patterns, and Object to Relational Mapping tools
- Java SE 5 and higher with J2EE (EJB, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JMS)
- Building n-tier applications (web and server side)
- Experience using common Java tools and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts, HTTP, Axis, CXF, Restlet, MVC patterns, Eclipse IDE, SoapUI, Maven, or Ant
- Mainstream Java application containers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, or Tomcat
- Versioning and change control software such as CVS, SVN, Clear Case, or Git
- Demonstrated experience with test driven development and related tools (JUnit, DBUnit, CruiseControl, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL or other relational databases by generating SQL, stored procedures, views, sequences, and triggers
- A desire to work with the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies (Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, object relational (O/R) mapping (Hibernate), and Agile Methodologies)
- Experience with web services (SOAP, RESTful, XML/POX, ESB, etc.) is a plus
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments or Cygwin
- Experience implementing web sites utilizing open source products and frameworks such as LAMP, Ruby on Rails, or Groovy is a plus