We are seeking a Regional International Business Development Manager who will be responsible for maintaining and growing the International Business volumes by working with sales teams in the region as well as shaping direction and influencing people to achieve the trade lane budget and agreed annual goals.
• Hunting, developing and maintaining a regional share of business for International customers and in collaboration with all company sales
• Lead and engage with all sales teams across the organization to sell specific and customized solutions for air and ocean freight to small,
medium and multi-national companies.
• Plan and conduct sales calls and joint-sales calls in collaboration with all company sales channels, including face-to-face meetings with
customers and developing a robust pipeline to meet the budget
• Support customers’ relationships by providing key knowledge about overall market trends
• Gather business intelligence from customers, extended sales teams and other sources to identify opportunities resulting in pipeline
development and strategic action plans on identified High-Value-Targets (HVT).
• Provide leadership and support to the extended sales team to maintain and grow book of business specific to the trade lane.
• Participate in the implementation of new customers by coordinating the integration of the overseas team members in the implementation
• Engage with sales owners of most significant opportunities in the pipeline, including supporting and participating in the RFQ process.
• Maintain and develop the lane sectors focus and conduct the required periodic conference calls with all pertinent stakeholders to support
What skills will you have to be successful in this position? Ideally, you should have:
• Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years selling in the freight forwarding/logistics industry.
• Broad understanding of trade lane specifics in the forwarding industry and deep knowledge of air freight, ocean freight, and logistics business
• 3+ years operations experience in freight forwarding preferred.
• Ability to work independently and drive customized solutions.
• Capability to deliver presentations and highly effective in conducting sales negotiations.
• Ability to lead remote and virtual teams.
• Conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
• Ability to gather and analyze complex data.
• Working knowledge of computer-based applications and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, including verbal and writing skills.