Position Description :
- Serve as primary IT resource for small to medium-size projects
- Work with business segments to better define project requirements for development and implementation
- Translate requirements into technical specifications
- Work with developers to get projects developed and implemented
- Facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with developers and business resources
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
The systems analyst will have the following responsibilities :
1. System Analyst for Clinformatics may include examining and clarifying business requirements with Business Analyst or Business resource.
2. Responsible for solution design by working interactively with Architect and Development resources via group work sessions
3. Work in the analysis phase of the system development cycle and consult with users to evaluate business requirements, identify operating procedures, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
4. Responsible for defining the business processes.
5. Support QA, UAT and Release phases of the project via defect analysis, change maintenance, etc.
Skill Set :
- 5 years of System Analysis experience
- 5 years of Relational Database experience
- 5 years of writing system requirements
- Understanding of data gathering/analysis
- Ability to identify system changes and verify that technical system specifications meet the business requirements
- Knowledge/Experience on working all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio, UI design tools (Snag It etc..)
- Working knowledge on XML and designing solutions for webservices
- Data Base knowledge(Netezza/any other RDBMS)
- Experienced in creating Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in modeling the AS IS and TO BE solutions.
- Should have hands on the tools like SOAP UI and XML SPY.
- Strong facilitation skills to gain customer requirements
- Strong problem solving, interviewing and fact finding skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good attitude and self motivated
- Health Care domain knowledge is good to have, not mandatory.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years systems analysis experience
- Knowledge of continuous process improvement
- MS Visio experience