The IT Project Manager is responsible for the performance of a medium to large sized technical project, several small or medium sized projects, or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Directs and supervises project resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation and testing in accordance with project objectives. The candidate is required to use Consumer Energy's project management tools to manage project work plans, issues, risks, and dependencies. The candidate will produce status reports, conduct status meetings, and facilitate issue resolution and risk management sessions.
Other activities include:
leading/facilitating the Risk, Issues, and Change Management processes and planning and lessons learned meetings; mentoring teams on the use of Clarity, Open Workbench, and the Consumers Energy Project Management Methodology and SDLC processes, developing presentations, identifying process improvement opportunities.
1) Excellent planning skills using common applications (i.e. Microsoft Project, CA Clarity, MS Project, Outlook)
2) Experienced in the use of support tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint
3) Ability to create simple reports from complex data
4) Proficiency with Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
5) Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship building skills
6) Ability to resolve highly complex technical issues
7) Ability to manage, coordinate, guide a project team of technical professionals
8) Outstanding leadership and negotiation skills
9) Ability to communicate well with all levels of management
Education And Experience:
1) Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
2) PMI/Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
3) Eight or more years in IT related project management, planning and scheduling complex projects across multiple teams.
4) Proven capability in Vendor quality assurance and performance measurement.
5) Experienced in Vendor Contracts vendor governance.
6) Experienced with creation and execution of cross organization communication plans.
7) Experience with Organizational Change Management as it relates to technical, process and informative Change in IT and Business functions.