The IT Director - Head of Mobile and Digital Platforms is responsible for all mobile and digital platforms and Online platforms. The IT Director will be accountable for the leadership of the IT team as well as engaging staff to provide a highly responsive client service. The IT Director will be working closelty with the CMO and CEO.
In addition, the person will be working with senior business stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and participating with the Executive Team in corporate activities and decision making and leading innovation. The IT director will be responsible for aspects of the SDLC enterprise application and platform strategy, budgeting, application development framework, integration strategy, framework and managing the development teams including 3rd party solution providers to deliver business capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Develop, Maintain and support Mobile and Digital platforms
- Develops and manages the budget for IT the digital department
- Interfacing with other departments in planning, recommendations, assisting with needs, and implementing computer and telephone hardware/software systems, and programs.
- Responsible for and the maintenance of access codes and other data-related security controls used to ensure authorized access to computers and the system-wide reliability of data.
- Review staffing levels to maintain budgeted employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Developing of staff, interviews, hires, and evaluates.
- Review IT activities with President/General Manager.
- Meets with departmental managers and directors as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the Application and Platform teams of 3rd party solution providers
- Determine the effectiveness of existing platforms and solution in relation to current business needs and create architecture design, vendor selection, and necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as required
- Develop application development governance framework, clearly identifying roles and responsibilities of technology and business teams
- Establish and maintain policies and standards to guide quality in developed application, and maintain them throughout the life cycle
- Work with the architects and development managers to design, build, and test changes to the application or technical architecture
- Direct the development and configuration of application(s) from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms
- Understand the business in depth and connect the dots across various business units and functions, link the functions and systems to create best value for the business
- Develop keen understanding of the various compliance requirements and include them in application and platform design
- Develop a data/information centric approach to support an insights driven business model
- Develop understanding of various data sources, platforms, solutions, and trends in the marketplace relevant and incorporate into the Application & Platform strategy
- Leverage and harness advances in cloud, software-as-as-service model to implement solutions and keep the overall operating costs lower