Job Code TBD
Job Title MANAGER – System Engineering
Reporting to GM – EE Systems
Location RNTBCI / Chennai
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Set up a RNTBCI-based team for System Engineering (SE) tooling support in the context of deployment of SE in Alliance Vehicle and Powertrain Engineering divisions.
• Short term will be focused on DOORS, mid-term will include Alliance Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tool.
The term “Central” used below is a shortcut for “Renault Corporate + Nissan Corporate”.
“Central documents” refer to the official production (decisions, rules, reference documents, …) published by DEA-SDI together with XS0.
• System Engineering Data Management and DOORS Administration/Development as agreed with Central Management, e. g.
o Provide support to TCR/RTx and/or NTC Users (System Architects, …) : hotline + basic administrative Use Cases ;
o Populate the DOORS db (simple version) : contribute to the “DOORS Migration” process on behalf of Renault and/or Nissan Businesses, complying to the Central Migration Checklist and Procedures ;
o Populate the DOORS db (complex version) : contribute to the “DOORS prototyping” process, on behalf of Renault and/or Nissan Businesses, complying to the “DOORS prototyping” rules (under construction) ;
o Define and perform acceptance tests on possible new DOORS software developments and/or updates to Central Data Templates.
o In tight coordination with other DOORS administrators, with end Users and with System Coaches, 1) ensure that new data entered into DOORS complies to the Central “Static Integrity Rules” and 2) manage the cleanup of existing DOORS data to reach compliance to the Central “Dynamic Integrity Rules
o Provide Data / Analysis and Reporting to relevant actors (Renault and Nissan Architects, Managers) helping Systems Engineering Deployment
• Contribute to the DOORS Deployment Process by providing help on future deployments, as defined Centrally ;
• Contribute to the DOORS Management Process by producing and distributing some of the Central DOORS Indicators ;
• Improve general documentation of DOORS Administration;
• Improve and extend the list of DOORS Administration Use Cases according to general progress in System Engineering Deployment in Alliance (e. g. : setup archiving process and re-organize data storage and classification in the case DOORS db becomes very large, …)
• Set up and promote a “DOORS Response Team” providing support mostly in TCR/RTx/NTC time;
• Act as a local System Engineering support Team for RNTBCI deployment of System Eng. ;
• Write easy-to use “manuals” for DOORS technical details
Professional skills :
• Ability to switch quickly from high level vision to low level actions, and back
• Working Experience in Support Teams
Desirable skills :
• Knowledge and if possible practice of Systems Engineering methodology
• Knowledge about Software Tools Development and Deployment processes
• Knowledge of the DOORS “DXL” programming language
• Mastery of Excel analysis tools (Pivot Tables, etc);
Specific skills required for the job :
• Knowledge of “out of the box” DOORS basics (user and administrator).
Qualifications, Experience and Competency requirements
Preferred Education • Bachelors/Masters in Engineering
Preferred Experience Essential:
• Experience in Software based support ( DOORS ) in Automotive or Aerospace domain
• Hands on skills in DOORS
• Min 10 -15 years of total experience
• Able to work with International teams of different geographies
• Build a team / Partner with vendors for setting up the governance
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience on Software deployment process
• Awareness on Project Quality management systems / ISO / CMMI
Language Requirements • English mandatory
• Japanese and/or French