Head of Sales & Marketing (VP) - Container Freight Station Business
• Key Client Management for supporting Shipping Lines, being their (& their clients) 1st point of escalation for all matters related to the CFS.
• Giving special and customized / end to end logistic solutions to clients
• Coordinating with Co's Transport Management Team (TMS) for seamless delivery of services to our clients
• Representing the Business Vertical in Industry conference/seminars
• Preparing client specific(wherever required) Standard Operating Procedures to work on for Customer Service Dept. and Operations Dept team
• Creating MIS and further analyzing the market trends and highlighting the key upshots to the Management
• Sales and Marketing of services
• Meeting / liasoning with multiple stake holders -Exporters/ Importers/Custom House Agents / Freight Forwarder/ Shipping Line representatives for Business promotion & conversion for multiple business verticals
• Analyzing the commercials for the total client base on a periodic basis.
• Maintain continuous and consistent rapport with all heads of shipping lines in location, Including knowledge of influencers of business and continuous engagement with them to secure container business into the CFS.
• Establish rapport with CHA community to ensure that business flow into the CFS from their customers is continuous and unhindered.
• Identify approach and convert CHA's whose business is currently being performed at other CFS.
• Have ability to source data pertaining to import and export activity, and to approach customers (or influencers) who will then need to be approached for conversion of volumes into the CFS.
• Responsible for the profitability per TEU and achieving of budgeted numbers through analysis of market, and disruptive strategy.
• Close contact with the terminals, and ports in the area, and establish first contact for En-block and other possibility for influencing business.
• Engage with all existing customers directly and indirectly through marketing team, by setting schedules for interactions and ensuring stickiness of customers.
• Closely co-ordinate with HOD of other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Drive the marketing resources assigned by engaging with them on targets, calls, Maintenance and conversions.
• Ensure pipeline of customers always being made available to bring the volumes to the budgeted numbers in the CFS.
• Identify critical customer's list (cargo more than 500TEU per month), and prepare contingency plans for such customers volumes. Strategy for these customer's needs and business to be continuously updated and reviewed.
• Maintain analytics of customer service requests, and identify and engage with other departments to resolve permanently recurring issues.
• Ensure usage of CRM and other Business support systems for transparency and single view
• Responsible for receivables from credit customers and for maintaining the DSO within the target set for the location.
• Engage with all customers to leverage the various capabilities of our client and also Engage closely with other verticals in our client so as to actively contribute to the cross selling function in the region.
Qualifications, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Candidates with Experience of 20 Plus Years from CFS/ Freight Forwarding/Supply Chain Solutions/ Warehousing and Distribution Selling
2. Has strong knowledge about the local market, competitor and industry trends
3. Demonstrated results – performance, leadership and organizational wise
4. Coaches extensively his/her team. Supports individual sales people in target accounts
5. Leverages internal and external relationships to expand business opportunities, ideally from within industry
6. At least 5 years Selling to strategic customers at the “C Level” experience is essential with ability to
7. understand how supply chain solutions may be leveraged to deliver strategic intent across all functions of a client’s business
8. Must be able to also engage and empathise with less senior influencers and users
9. Proven ability to deeply and broadly build an understanding of target customers’ strategic intent and
10. current position, thereafter identifying opportunities for partnership with associated stakeholders
11. Strong knowledge of Logistics process and solution design outlines
12. Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning a sizeable portfolio of new logo key customers,
13. through combined personal and collaborative selling efforts
14. Proven track record in a matrix, multi cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks
15. both locally and internationally
16. Highly developed consultative selling approach, persuasiveness and influencing