1. Understand the product strategy, the objectives of the business and translate or develop specific goals, product development plan and master resource plan which has an element of technology, and planning for the successful execution of the program for both domestic & export markets.
2. To drive planning, development and allocation of projects to optimize the efficient use of resources in achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
3. Integrate product portfolios and products across disciplines and function (COE/ Platform) to ensure the projects are in line with the QCD commitments of the business by effectively monitoring, reviewing and controlling the project.
4. Initiate new programs in accordance with PD strategy and coordinate long term projects of strategic importance to develop feasible business case proposals.
5. To ensure project gate reviews as per MNPD to proactively assess and manage project value and risks.
6. Establish Robust processes (New / Modify) and ensure effectiveness of the process put in place.
7. Risk management of projects to trigger contingency plan by re-visiting assumptions and reviewing the critical paths.
8. Monitor and control revenue and capital budget in PD to achieve the projected and committed cash flow by consolidating & proposing contingency plan to avoid cost overruns.
9. Build capability within Program Management function in terms of system and process which will facilitate the successful implementation of PD product portfolios. 10. Create / develop / execute the road map for robust IT infrastructure creation in line with PD & IT Strategy which enables faster time to market of products by understanding various technologies from vendor, checking the appropriateness and maturity of the technology. 11. Lead and mentor team of young program manages and should be able to deal with complexities of executing simultaneous programs at multiple locations.
12. Interface with Advance engineering, Power Train Engineering and with other COEs for first time right product launches.
13. Expertise in Product development and launch process, should be able to identify and deploy efficient process to improve the current process to achieve the PD organization objectives.
Knowledge: Good understanding of Product Development Process and Project Management. Understanding of business objectives, Plan & control project budgets, Product & Project Cost, business case financials, ability to manage risks and develop contingency plans & Project portfolio management. Knowledge & Hands on Experience of technology & vehicle systems.
Skills: Good influencing skills & stakeholder management, Negotiation, conflict management, ability to work with other teams and manage ambiguity, excellent communication, presentation & analytical skills Desired Candidate Profile: