1. Project Management -
- Responsible for firming up overall Project designs including Process, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical,
Instrumentation, Utilities, Layout etc.
- File and obtain necessary statutory approvals for all projects
- Obtain technical approval of designs from Operations team and Process Engineer.
- Finalise consultants and suppliers required to support the Projects
- Prepare detailed implementation schedule and execute Projects within cost and timelines.
- Co-ordinate with Operations, Admin and EHS teams to ensure all activities are conducted safely,
Meeting all legal requirement and well-co-ordinated with other plant operations.
- conduct regular reviews and report progress of the project.
2. Plant Maintenance -
- develop Good Engineering Standards and Practices for facility and asset maintenance
- develop and implement effective Spares and Consumables strategy for the facility
- implement actions to maintain high OEE for the Plant equipment
- plan, implement, review and improve maintenance systems and procedures
3. Process Design & Equipment
-Responsible for design of equipment and processes for new and existing products and technologies from inception through commissioning and end use. Includes costing, capital authorization, establishing & maintaining operating procedures and operator training.
-Possess knowledge of existing equipment and have capability to troubleshoot problems.
-Utilize LEAN principles to drive optimal process design and flow.
-Develop new and improve existing manufacturing methods that will increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Recommend changes in formulas on scales up batches to improve product for production.
- Assign production employee to jobs, substitute for foremen and supervise production activities
- In conjunction with the Plant Engineer, recommend new equipment to be purchased
- Prepare Production Engineering Reports as pertinent information develops to keep Management and other Production Engineering groups aware of projects completed and underway Provide useful information on these projects for the implementation of new techniques and avoidance of duplicated effort
- To remain in compliance with all Federal, State and local environmental regulations by establishing and maintaining necessary monitoring capabilities and taking preventative and/or corrective action.
5. Control Operating Costs
- Effective budgeting, challenging cost controls for Revenue and Capital spends
The incumbent is expected to have a hands on experience in managing medium to large scale projects, right from Project designing, costing, including elements of mechanical, process, electrical, instrument, civil, layout and EHS. He is expected to take complete ownership, with end to end responsibilities of the Projects within timelines and budgeted costs. Demonstrated capabilities in monitoring, reviewing and controlling of costs will be critical. The incumbent must have effective Planning and Scheduling capabilities, and have good execution strengths. Control over support agencies through effective review processes, innovative options to overcome delays would be an essential trait for this position. Operational knowledge of Project Management Software will be an added advantage
An understanding of various operational hazards including Chemical, Electrical, and Fire related, Trip and Fall etc. would be necessary to enable the person factor controls in design and execution. An appreciation of Safe Work practices during project implementation would be critical for this position.
Good understanding of various statutes including Factory Rules, Electricity Rules, Petroleum Rules, Explosive Rules, Pressure Vessels Act, Gas Cylinder rules would be important, to function under this role.
Experience in Liaisoning with regulatory authorities will be an added advantage.
The incumbent is expected to have a hands on experience in implementing good engineering standards and practices. Demonstrated actions on Quality, EHS systems, hands on operational knowledge of ERP systems viz. SAP etc. Will be an added advantage.
The incumbent must possess good team working capability, customer centricity, with good communication skills. Demonstrated capability of training sub-ordinates for their technical upgradation and personal development
A college degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with 12-18 years industrial experience, and having managed medium / large Projects and Plant Maintenance. Excellent communications skills, including presentation skills, are also mandatory for the incumbent. This position demands substantial leadership qualities with influencing capabilities. The incumbent must be able to effectively interact with people from all levels, both within India and globally.