Finance Director and the F&A team drives projects within F&A and across functions at Organisation level.
There is a need for a person to manage projects and drive them to completion. This is an extension and higher level of the PMO role.
In PMO role; the person helps create a plan, monitors progress, reports and escalates as required.
This role would perform all of the above roles and also participate in execution areas (not always) if necessary when things fall through the crack. This role requires a driven individual who can get results, find solutions and make a difference to the organization.
Significant potential for a right individual to lead other departments and drive projects
Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of the following activities
Responsible for the following activities
- Project management, manage multiple projects, help create plans with milestones and timelines, monitor progress, report on the status and escalate as required.
- Create document templates, record requirements through teams part of projects, disseminate the knowledge of this ability
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and familiarity with accounting processes and flows.
- Prioritise requirements and focus on projects that add the most value, run a structured process for this purpose
- Interact with other functions on cross-functional projects
- Drive diverse team members across the functions
- Push for execution, step in where necessary
- Knowledge of F&A systems, processes and implementing value-added projects
- Participate in projects from other functions as F&A representative
Help create and train teams on documentation of projects, policies etc