• Understand the customer’s value chain, critical success factors, and key initiative based on which the business plan and sales strategy is developed.
• Study all aspects of the market, including market size in the territories/ continents, competitive products, technology development, business opportunities, standardization and regulations, in order to promote sales.
• Communicate how the solutions address Food & Beverages customer’s needs, position and present the value proposition of the different solutions.
• Partner with sales representatives to support the development and growth of the Food & Beverage market in India & Overseas
• Provide continual education to the Sales and Support teams for key requirements (products, regulatory) for the Food & Beverage market.
• Drive lead development efforts in collaboration with direct marketing administrator and the field sales team.
• Identify and establish working relationship with Food & Beverage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs); support KOLs for posters, papers and presentations at relevant meetings and in relevant journals.
• Identify national accounts, develop action plan and execute with support of field sales team; develop national agreements in conjunction with internal legal, finance and senior management.
• Support and track the new order bookings, revenue and brand image, focusing on new customers, in conjunction with field sales team; provide monthly reports to management.
• Support scientific and technical studies that could be conducted to fulfil regulation requirements, or new developments.
• Collaborate with the India marketing management team to deliver routine product updates to the field sales and support teams.
• Assist marketing team with local, regional and national trade shows with booth and marketing tool, support marketing campaigns.
• Identify events, magazines, and announcements of interest for proper positioning of the products and lead generation; assist in leadership of Co’s presence and communication.
• Collaborate with other Co’s Divisions offering solutions for Food & Beverages market to ensure Co’s positioning and leadership in the market.
Qualification And Experience:
1. MBA or BSC or MSC in Food Technology or related disciplines or equivalent working experience, with minimum 10+ years’ experience in Technical Sales of Food Products
2. Sound background in laboratory workflow, analytical technology, mass and infra-red spectrometry, related accessories and solutions.
3. Experience in sales, business growth, lead generation is required
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities
5. Microsoft Office; advanced applications for Microsoft Excel; experience working with CRMs and and travel will be expected both for sales activities as well as participation in local, regional and national shows.
6. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines, as well as standardization for assigned market.
7. Ability to promote Co’s product and services to a variety of prospects and customers.
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
9. Good communication and presentation skills.