This role is responsible for analysis and accounting of financial instruments and other balance sheet positions, which includes and not limited to derivatives, hedge rule applications, stock etc. The role will involve discussions with various internal departments to finalize the accounting treatment and reporting to management, getting involved with various accounting projects and related activities.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
o Chartered Accountant (preferably with first time passes), CFA or prior experience in derivative accounting will be a significant advantage
o Highly developed communication skills and experience of operating in an international environment, preferably from working for an international company.
o Self motivated with a mature attitude. Able to work independently in a professional manner and maintain high standards of integrity.
o Ability to question and challenge the existing processes, with a view to creating reporting efficiencies and improvements.
o International outlook. Able to cope with working with staff in different offices worldwide.
o Drive and determination to obtain understanding of complex, business-driven transactions and report these accurately according to the appropriate accounting standards.
o Can work with various data sets and comfortable using various systems and excel
o Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
o Strong communication skills. Comfortable to liaise with non accounting staff at all levels on a routine basis.
· Ensure proper stock reconciliations are performed by Deals Desk and Operations. Reconcile trade information between the various trading systems and the accounting system (Sun). Work closely with the Front/Mid Office in a fast moving business where inherent risk has to be mitigated by implementing effective controls.
· Review of trial balance and analyses / commentary of major movements.
· Perform revenue recognition checks to ensure compliance with accounting standard.
· Preparation & posting of various journals for month end process like prepayment, reclassifications etc.
· Evaluate accounting of various physical and derivative positions and determine application of hedge accounting where appropriate.
· Identify and review areas of required grossing up or netting of the balance sheet and ensure the same is applied per accounting standards.
· Perform Hedge effectiveness test on forward trades and stock hedges.
· Prepare disclosure schedule / audit documentation and liaise with external auditors.
· Partnering on various accounting projects in related accounting areas.
· Business Controllers
· Deals Desk (who calculate daily trading result and market risk)
· Operations /Chartering (logistics)
· Trade Finance
· External Audit teams