• Lead and manage the Secretarial Compliance, Risk Management.
• Advise on major contracts and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and business agreements; regulatory compliances and other financing agreements
• Coordination with the Chairman/MD/Directors and members of the Board for the purposes of carrying out the board meetings, AGM and related formalities.
• Liaising with stock exchanges, MCA Authorities, SEBI, RBI, group companies, promoters, statutory and secretarial auditors, law firms.
• Handling of Mergers / Amalgamation/ demerger/ corporate restructuring.
• Coordinate Board meetings, manage proceedings and draft minutes of the same in a timely manner in alignment to the prescribed statutory norms. Drafting of resolutions, explanatory statements and supplementary papers for consideration of board.
• Advise on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and Other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines made there under.
• Well versed with Corporate Laws / FEMA/ RBI Guidelines etc.
• Create manuals, protocols on good corporate governance, secretarial practices and Corporate Social Responsibility
• Preparation and update of monthly information documents for secretarial and legal affairs
Assisting the management in managing the litigations for the company and other matters which are incidental to the above.
• Drafting and vetting various legal & commercial documents in connection with Joint Ventures, Foreign Collaboration, Non- disclosure Agreements including MOUs and Shareholding Agreement, IPRs related matters, Registrations and TM related assignments and other statutory compliances.
• Overseeing routine Registrar and Transfer activities such as transfer, transmission and issuing duplicate share certificates and handling problematic cases related to investors- grievances
• Management / Leadership Qualities
• Robust knowledge of Company Law, Listing Regulations and other local laws and regulations
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, across functions, region and global teams.
• Deep understanding of global employment law, corporate law, exchange control, data privacy, anti-bribery & corruption and so on
• Global expansion covering setting-up companies abroad, and making them ready for operation, obtaining grants / subsidies
• Handling / implementing automated compliance tracking.
• Compliance with all statutory and legal compliance applicable to Indian company involving foreign shareholders
• Good knowledge of Indian Companies Act 2013 and related legal regulations like Industrial Disputes Act, Income Tax Act, SEBI, Environmental laws, Foreign Exchange Management Act Have good relationship with Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and other statutory authorises as may be required under various legal provisions.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Candidate should be a qualified company secretary & a law graduate (from a Reputed Institute full time) with experience of Minimum 20+ Years with very leading Industrial Conglomerate Group & Co's turnover not less than INR 50,000 Rupees Crore's.
2. In addition it is highly desirable that the successful candidate should have knowledge in business laws, liaising, corporate laws, secretarial compliance, corporate restructuring & adept at working with various stakeholders & has good time management skills and has the ability to cope with a fast paced environment.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey legal advice and documentation in a commercially sound and relevant manner
4. Ability to sift through complicated issues and communicate only the important aspects in a clear and concise manner at all levels within the organization and across geographic lines
5. Sound judgment and business sense
6. Strong negotiation skills
7. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of managers across a wide variety of business disciplines
8. Strong thinker
9. Strong customer focus, yet have the ability to give independent advice
10. Knowledge of domestic and international competitors and regulatory environment
11. Ability to manage numerous matters and competing priorities and to work within a matrix set up
12. The ability and confidence to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with colleagues and all levels of management.
13. The ability to analyse problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement.
14. The ability to work under pressure.
15. An excellent attitude to team working