Role and Responsibilities :
The Bid Management team is responsible for project management for bids. The team works on the largest bids in the organization to ensure that the bid management process is followed and the timelines in the Project Plan are met to complete and submit the bid on time.
Below are the responsibilities :
- Ensure the pursuit team is aware of the bid management process
- Ensure the bid management process with all the milestones is followed
- Manage timelines for each milestone in the process are met
- Ensure the Project Plan is circulated and there is an agreement on timelines from the pursuit team
- Drive and schedule all calls as per the process. Ensure attendance and take minutes
- Send daily update emails on the project plan adherence. Follow the escalation matrix for variance in the project plan depending on numbers of days- delay.
- Escalate for any exceptional situations that may impact the timeliness of the bid
- Work on standard responses in the RFx, get them reviewed by the Manager
- Liaise with the pursuit team, sales for their deliverables
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the pursuit team on health of the bid
- Get all templates filled as per the process. Ensure the quality is as per the benchmark
- Follow up with sales teams on status of bids for win/loss analysis
- Maintain MIS for the board, executive management, function head, etc.
- Support strategic decisions by analyzing data
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to understand the deal cycle better and the support they require from the Bid Management team
- Conduct feedback surveys regularly to plug gaps and initiate and manage improvement programs