Group Finance Controller
o You will be responsible for all aspect of financial reporting and planning for the group whilst ensuring
strong accounting, reporting and controls are embedded across the firm. This role will provide high
quality financial information to be used internally & externally.
o You will assist in driving the business forward and implementing changes within the global finance
function and across the business and will manage the group reporting function and act as a mentor
and adviser to the wider Finance community and as a trusted advisor to management.
Key role and responsibilities
Strategy and Finance Leadership
• Active role within the finance management team to support the Firms objectives and finance strategy
• Be sought out as the technical expert by the business and provide accounting and reporting advice and
support to the wider finance and business community
• Providing well considered, relevant advice to be used in the decision making process
• Proactive forward planning for the Group Reporting team for sustainable performance and delivery
• Set the ground rules for our financial accounting direction, from inception to implementation
• Work collaboratively with Group CFO on the direction and integrity of the finance systems
Operations and Accounting
• Manage month end, year end and the audit. Responsible for the group consolidation
• Work with group treasury on cash planning for the firm
• Review of the results and provide business analysis, preparation of a commentary and investigation of
issues in accordance with IFRS, group accounting policies and procedures
• Participate/present in Audit Committee and Board meetings on results and budgets
• Manage the annual forecast, budget and business plan processes for the group
• Manage the Inter-Office process and settlement, driving change in this area
• Uphold and amend as necessary the financial control framework to prevent and detect fraud or errors.
• Ownership, monitoring and implementation of group accounting / finance policies and statutory or
other financial compliance requirements. Develop constructive, workable solutions to identified issues
with a proactive approach to improving controls across the group
• Improve processes or policies - for the direct team or the Group; communicate and implement them
• Work through complex technical issues to find solutions and be able communicate these effectively
• Deliver training courses to enhance financial awareness amongst groups of across the firm
• Adapt to change and overcoming obstacles to delivery. Negotiate with others to contribute credibly to
discussions at the most senior levels of the organisation.
• Proactively seek process improvements - including to global accounting policies or procedures, as well
reporting and use of finance systems, with the aim of improving accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
• Provide financial support - determine nature of meeting and provide succinct financial advice and help
Pre-empt queries by applying knowledge from prior engagement - identify potential risks and
• Competently present to an audience with the ability to get a point across whilst listening to others
• Interpret internal and external client needs, determining priorities and managing expectations by
building collaborative relationships and sharing insight into the discussions and planning.
• Manage the group reporting team
• Responsible for performance management, Mentoring and develop of staff
• Ensure adequate resourcing & appropriate structuring of the team, allowing for an agile approach to
service delivery whilst upholding quality, timeliness and accuracy
• Be able to embed a culture of change and flexibility in the team
• Develop close relationships with the wider Group Finance team as part of a peer group
• Build and maintain relationships with Finance & Accounting staff
Qualification And Experience:
1. CA/ICWA/ACCA/CIMA with 18+ Years of experience in Accounting services in a global organisation required, preferably in a 'head office' or group function & Familiar with USGAAP/IFRS requirements as well as regulatory and taxation requirements.
2. Experienced leader and team manager in a leading company/firm with excellent organisational skills
3. Attention to detail, excellent analytical and numeracy skills are a prerequisite for the role
4. A highly credible, resilient individual who is a pro-active self-starter with drive, enthusiasm and tenacity
5. Results driven; having a proactive, goal orientated approach to decision making
6. Excellent communication skills, able to develop effective working relationships, with the ability to influence at all levels. Comfortable in a world of ambiguous decision making and consultation
7. Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team based environment.
8. Ability to work in a collaborative environment with teams of Finance and non-Finance professionals.
9. Willingness to be involved in the detail and follow issues through to a satisfactory conclusion.