. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals and develops site investigation programs, specifications, budget and schedules for projects of varying complexity
2. Interprets ground investigation data and prepare geo technical interpretative report.
3. Selects foundation systems for Drainage and Highway structures and evaluates foundation bearing capacity and settlements for shallow/deep foundations
4. Prepares/checks calculations to evaluate the major types of deep foundations, including driven piles, cast in-situ piles and drilled piers
5. Evaluates lateral earth pressures, Embankment and slope stability analysis, retaining wall stability
6. Performs analysis and design of temporary support for deep excavations
7. Performs impact analysis on nearby structure due to deep excavation
8. Assesses Ground improvement requirement and recommends mitigation measure for poor soil
9. Interprets Site response studies, Soil-structure-interaction analysis and liquefaction evaluations
10. Provides input to drawings for earthwork and foundation and has capability to write Geo-technical design reports independently
11. Performs the duties of a resident geo technical engineer on a project site and provides technical assistance.
12. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
13. Reviews technical bids and makes recommendation.
14. Reviews and checks work of junior team members. Provides input for their performance evaluation.
15. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.