Responsible for complete order to delivery functions like manufacturing operations, Quality, Projects, Procurement and logistics
- Responsible for overall Manufacturing Engineering planning and direction of all process engineering activities in accordance with goals, objectives, and policies.
- Assures integration of controls, systems, electrical, and mechanical aspects of each facility project.
- Provides technical support to the production organization.
- Communicates and coordinates between departmental manufacturing engineering organizations to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Ensures the implementation of Quality Network into related Manufacturing Engineering activities.
- Optimizes all resources by utilizing statistical methods and data to produce best-in-class quality
- Leads the understanding and utilization of tools for product, process, and system improvement and problem solving such as Quality Network Problem Solving Process and Statistical Process Control / Data Feedback
- Promotes safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics/ safety.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with employees, union, management and supplier community.
- Empowers employees to continuously improve their work and supports them by eliminating and managing constraints.
- Supports production requirements by utilizing Competitive Manufacturing processes with emphasis on variation reduction.
- Fosters continuous improvements in all aspects of the business. - Interacts with Divisional manufacturing engineering and planning and Facilities Group on equipment, systems, and layout for current and future products.
- Utilizes analytical tools to improve throughput and system efficiency.
- Provides input to the establishment of department budget and efficiency goals.
- Planning and scheduling to achieve the month production target and action plan to achieve the same.
- Knowledge of automobile component machining on SPM and GPM including CNC machines (Programming and troubleshooting)
- Understanding of quality tools/systems to do RCA and take CAPA to control the rejection / NCP within budgeted norms.
- Implementation and sustenance of TPM and TS 14919 systems across the shop.
- To operate within the budget norms for all expenses including variable cost, material cost, cost of quality etc.
- Handling IR issues, maintaining discipline and achieve targeted efficiency of the available resources.
- Employee Development - Training & Multi skilling.
Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Experience in engine and transmission machine shop
2. Knowledge and experience of 5Cs/Major Engine & Transmission component machining
3. Operations Management
4. Proactive with strong leadership skills
5. Good communication skills
6. Assertive and ability to influence stakeholders