The company is not into production of very high technology products, but it has many proprietary and patented products made out of sheet metal, Plastic, Glass and Die-Casting with in-house Research and Development (R&D) and multiple manufacturing plants PAN India.
The company also has fully integrated production facility, right from in house lamination of all its materials, to die punching of its panels and final production / packing of Lampshades etc.
Hence the candidate should have strong technical background as above to lead the following:
a. Bring continual improvement in manufacturing and production process with thrust on automation to enhance production and productivity.
b. Steady and continual improvement in production processes with regular updates.
c. Effectively manage resource and machine plan to enable production achieve production targets with technical perfection and Quality.
d. Cost Control is a continual process across product line.
e. Sound knowledge of electroplating, powder coating, sand casting, die-casting, lamination, die-punching etc
• Manage and lead the complete Factory Operations comprising of Resource management, Production, Productivity, Procurement, Maintenance, Costing, Factory Set-Up, Vendor Management, Profit and Loss, Quality, Engineering, warehousing and dispatch etc.
• Manage and improve plant efficiency across Production, Operation, SCM, Inventory, Quality, Preventive and Productive Maintenance including waste reduction and cost control.
• Establish and ensure process compliance of manufacturing, maintenance of sheet metal, plastics, hard goods (metal, wood and glass), powder coating, casting (sand casting / die casting), etc.
• Ensure 100% On-time and In-full (OTIF) for all the manufacturing Units and manage Profit & Loss Account, budget, CAPEX etc.
• Lead SPC, SQC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA and Steer ISO 9001: 2008 and international Standards for lighting like BSEN 60598, BSEN-60238, BSEN 61184, UL-460, UL-153 with QA Head.
• Coordinate with marketing and merchandising team and keep tag on future orders, present order status, and product costing.
• Proactive handling of production issues and directly contact buyers for approval of variations.
• Production planning, material planning, resource planning and machinery planning.
• Future planning to achieve production targets without compromising quality.
• Plans shipment dispatch with documentation and shipping department.
• Makes sure of all compliances of buyers.
• Ensures smooth flow of information between departments.
• Excellent Analytical, Communication, Presentation and leadership skills.
• BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ year experience and competencies in Plant Operations manufacturing lighting holder/ Brass Components, Lamp Bases, Wall Display System, Electrical/ Wiring Accessories, Display System, Cable Blocking Devices and Duct System etc .
• Sound experience in managing entire gamut of factory administration, operations, stocks, dispatch, production, order execution/ dispatch , quality, purchase, manpower/ labor, security, safety and all day to day tasks including Boundary Management.
• Knowledge of creative/ innovative manufacturing practices in press shop, electroplating, powder coating, sand casting, die-casting, lamination, die-punching etc.
• Sound competencies to improve plant efficiency, production, plant operation, SCM, Inventory, Quality, preventive and productive maintenance, Human Resource etc.
• Ability to lead change management and communicate effectively with all key stake holders.
• Well versed with factory operations, statutory compliances and exposure to challenges of entrepreneur work environment.
• Excellent team leader with ability to grow sense of ownership among employees to meet target.
• Well versed with liaison with Government authorities and ability to provide guidance on performance standards, policies and procedures to stake holders.
• Should be well versed a leader with all operation activities which include Production, Procurement, Costing, Factory set-up, Vendor Management etc.
• Knowledge of the manufacturing of Sheet Metal, Plastics, Hard Goods (Metal, Wood & Glass), powder coating, casting (Sand casting / Die casting), etc.
• Exposure of SPC, SQC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA and Steer ISO 9001: 2008 and international Standards for lighting like BSEN 60598, BSEN-60238, BSEN 61184, UL-460, UL-153 etc.
• Prior experience of working/ leading manufacturing/ production/ Operations in factories manufacturing range of innovative products with sheet metal / Plastic/ Glass/ Die-Casting products etc .
• Expertise with sectors of Metal / Plastic Devices/ Glass/ Die-Casting domains of wiring devices, lighting and luminary and consumer products.
• Worked with cross-functional teams such as R&D, Product Management, Product Design and Development and Testing teams to define deliverables, time lines etc.
• Proficiency and sound understanding of designing and detailing of parts for manufacturing, assembly and usability.
• Excellent Analytical, Communication, Presentation and leadership skills with ability to get along with people at all level of society & business.