Key responsibilities for the role :
- Leading the legal and compliance post acquisition integration stream.
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect PayU's business (and ensuring that PayU is properly advised concerning those issues).
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of PayU's strategies and policies.
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the PayU business in India complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
- Centralizing the legal and compliance function and responsibilities that are deriving out of acquisitions.
- Providing legal and compliance knowledge for any M&A opportunities.
- Proper and timely reporting towards the PayU Global head of Compliance and General Counsel.
- Being the go to person for the PayU India CEO, PayU Indian Senior Management layer, the PayU Global Head Compliance and General Counsel.
- The Indian Legal & Compliance Team will need strong leadership from an internationally experienced payments lawyer.
- Responsible for contact with regulators and our external partners, such as banks and super merchants.
Reporting : The incumbent will directly report into the CEO and will lead a decently sized team across legal and compliance.
Education preference : Law + Company Secretary with 10+ years of work experience
Key Requirements :
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and independent individual with a strong background in fintech, credit & finance, payments and eCommerce who enjoys working in an international, dynamic, and diverse Internet environment.
The candidate must demonstrate :
- Extensive legal & compliance experience (PQE10-15 years) in eCommerce with a specific focus on the fintech, finance and payments sector.
To have strong technical skills in the following areas :
- Expertise in Indian laws and regulations concerning payments products such as credit cards, debit cards, direct debit, eMoney, consumer credit and alternative payment methods
- Experience in B2B and B2C financial institutions, fintech companies and credit institutions
- Experience in eCommerce business
- Expertise in local and international legislative initiatives like Data Protection, Sanctions, FATF, and AML
- Expertise in payment regulations (MC/Visa/AmEx) and general knowledge on PCI-DSS
- Extensive experience in dealing with regulators and supervisors
- Experience with M&A deals
- Experience with mergers
- Strong management and team leadership skills.
- Experience in providing strategic advice at a senior level to multinational organizations.
- International experience and documented work in different locations.
- Experience in running legal and regulatory risk management and compliance programs.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
Key personality traits : Responsible, transparent, reliable and accountable.