- Automation Tester
- Investment Banking/Retail Banking
- Worked as Senior Tester/Individual contributor
Roles and Responsibilities
- Increase automation in product area and make testing more robust.
- Functional test new products and regression test existing products during each QA release cycle.
- Provide test plan and estimates for all components of QA cycle; regression, functional, sanity, smoke test.
- Manage the testing, documenting, defect tracking and information flow of multiple projects during each QA cycle.
- Collaborate often with Development, Business and Support teams to clarify specs, raise issues/concerns and identify risks throughout the software development life cycle.
- Write efficient and effective test cases and test scripts based upon specification documents and business user interactions as well as create test scenarios based on understanding of systems in order to regression test, test new functionality and stress conditions (both automated and manual).
- Investigate issues found during QA periods by searching log files, exception messages and database tables (Basic SQL queries).
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement to help streamline the development life cycle
- Create reports (daily status reports and weekly reports) and create testing metrics