GM (Plant Head) - Engine
• Responsible for complete order to delivery functions like manufacturing operations, Quality, Projects, Procurement and logistics
• Responsible for overall Manufacturing Engineering planning and direction of all process engineering activities in accordance with goals, objectives, and policies.
• Assures integration of controls, systems, electrical, and mechanical aspects of each facility project.
• Provides technical support to the production organization.
• Communicates and coordinates between departmental manufacturing engineering organizations to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
• Ensures the implementation of Quality Network into related Manufacturing Engineering activities.
• Optimizes all resources by utilizing statistical methods and data to produce best-in-class quality
• Leads the understanding and utilization of tools for product, process, and system improvement and problem solving such as Quality Network Problem Solving Process and Statistical Process Control / Data Feedback
• Promotes safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics/ safety.
• Builds and maintains good working relationships with employees, union, management and supplier community.
• Empowers employees to continuously improve their work and supports them by eliminating and managing constraints.
• Supports production requirements by utilizing Competitive Manufacturing processes with emphasis on variation reduction.
• Fosters continuous improvements in all aspects of the business. • Interacts with Divisional manufacturing engineering and planning and Facilities Group on equipment, systems, and layout for current and future products.
• Utilizes analytical tools to improve throughput and system efficiency.
• Provides input to the establishment of department budget and efficiency goals.
• Planning and scheduling to achieve the month production target and action plan to achieve the same.
• Knowledge of automobile component machining on SPM and GPM including CNC machines (Programming and troubleshooting)
• Understanding of quality tools/systems to do RCA and take CAPA to control the rejection / NCP within budgeted norms.
• Implementation and sustenance of TPM and TS 14919 systems across the shop.
• To operate within the budget norms for all expenses including variable cost, material cost, cost of quality etc.
• Handling IR issues, maintaining discipline and achieve targeted efficiency of the available resources.
• Employee Development – Training & Multi skilling.
Qualifications, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. BE (Mechanical/Automobile/Production) with 20-25 yrs. experience in engine and transmission machine shop
2. Knowledge and experience of 5Cs/Major Engine & Transmission component machining
3. Operations Management
4. Proactive with strong leadership skills
5. Good communication skills
6. Assertive and ability to influence stakeholders
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader