Job Responsibility :
Time will be split almost uniformly across the following activities.
- Intra-month forecasting: capital and impairment. Produce outlook for the current month of impairment provisions, and capital demand.
- Regular official forecast production: capital and impairment trends prediction based on portfolio performance following determined standards.
- Risk appetite analyses and support of portfolio management on analyses including forecasting results (e.g. Mandate & Scale management).
- Development and maintenance of forecasting tools (internally sourced or off-the-shelf software).
- Tracking and presentation of variance vs. forecasts with analyses supporting drivers of deviation.
- Manage action plans to enhance tools and accuracy in forecasting analyses.
Person Specification: (Personal attributes essential to performing role: e.g. skills, competencies, expertise, knowledge, experience. Note: experience not to be time-bound)
- Strong SAS skills - with ability to manipulate large data sets, automate monthly SAS processes and debug SAS code with minimal steer.
- Strong Excel skills - with ability to work with advanced features relevant to the role.
- Highly numerate / statistical knowledge - able to work with numbers and make error free calculations.
- Communication - effectively communicate detail and technical concepts in plain English to a wide range of audiences.
- Stakeholder management - Interface with various departments effectively to ensure project delivery.
- Innovation - able to design and deliver new management information and analysis that supports and enhances forecasts and forecasting processes.
- Team working - enjoys working in cross functional and virtual teams.