Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a trusted business partner to the Division's Managing Director, taking a lead role in the management of the international business unit, supporting and challenging commercial and operational decision-making
- Ensuring the robustness of all financial controls, processes and systems identifying any risks or weaknesses, creating effective solutions and then driving through and implementing value adding change
- Managing the delivery of robust budgeting, forecasting and planning processes - implementing a 'no surprises' reporting environment providing effective and accurate information, to ensure a clean balance sheet
- Analyzing new and existing business initiatives - challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks / opportunities, providing commercial analysis and insight to facilitate effective business decisions
- Providing effective leadership, development and ongoing motivation of the finance team, ensuring that a high level of service is delivered by finance at all times
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record of working in a dynamic, multi-territory, retail or broader consumer-facing organization, in a senior leadership capacity. As an inspiring manager, you will have prior experience of managing and successfully developing a finance team. Exceptionally strong commercial expertise coupled with proven business partnering experience will be essential.
A confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision-making whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and immerse yourself in the detail. With outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and cross-functionally. You will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner.
With demonstrable drive and enthusiasm, you will thrive in a robust, change-oriented and fast- paced environment. Excellent progression opportunities exist for those who can act as an effective leader in supporting the business to achieve its ambitious growth targets.