Senior Management-Operation, Senior Management-Production, Production/ Manufacturing/ Engineering Industry
Telecom/ Mobile Operator/ ISP/ Telecom Vendor, Consumer Durables/ Semi Durables
Factory Operations Head - Mobiles Handset, Only From Mobile Handset Organization
Position : Factory Head
Functional Objective Of The Position :
- Responsible to achieve the production targets as per the Mobile division business plan while adhering to the quality policy of the business. Foster a well-integrated team and drive them to work on critical manufacturing success areas-cost, quality, system utilization, health, safety and environment.
Job Responsibility :
Profitability, Resource Optimization & Cost Control :
- Responsible for maximizing factory's profitability by optimizing manpower and machinery utilization.
- Regulate various costs by keeping stringent check on wastage, usage and rejection rate. Analyze MIS related to consumption, wastage and rejection.
- Responsible factory operations and resource utilization.
- Involve in developing and managing staff skills and knowledge, including trainings. Develop employee motivational and retention tools at the factory.
- Ensure that planning changes are minimized to maintain the Conversion Cost.
Production & Factory Operations :
- Develop the production plan and targets in sync with the Sales and Marketing plan. Manage overall operations with a view to ensure timely accomplishment of production targets.
- Ensure quality norms as per the quality policy and standards are maintained.
- Ensure smooth operations of the Factory and handle day to day man management.
- Direct involvement in all Plant activities and responsible for Production/Quality /Stores (Technical and Inventory)/Maintenance/ Vehicle Logistics /Administration etc.
- Review maintenance schedule of machinery and vehicles pertaining to the preventive maintenance plan, major breakdown and routine breakdown maintenance.
- Responsible for reviewing the New Model FTR and achieve the target FCR.
- Develop and implement audit procedures to ensure operations and processes are in compliance with the set standards.
- Responsible for safe working conditions to employees at the factory. Also, ensure norms are maintained in the factory w.r.t discharge of production wastage's.
Set up and introduce new systems and processes :
- Ensure all departments lay down and adhere to Standard Operating Processes (SOPs).
- Introduce practices like TQM, Six Sigma and ISO to increase process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing Techniques in Manufacturing
- Ensure Process definition, overseeing documentation etc. for quality certification requirements.
- Have process violations and non-compliance addressed appropriately through vigorous corrective actions.
Liaison with various authorities :
- Handle compliance at the factory level (including MIS).
- Liaison with Local Authority & maintain good relationship with the authorities.
- Interaction with various external government agencies like excise, pollution etc