- Acts as an expert programmer. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performs a variety of complicated tasks, may lead and direct the work of others, may report directly to a project lead or manager, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position serves as a expert programmer in support of applications and business process for IT systems within the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- The expert programmer is responsible for a diverse and challenging set of assignments encompassing a full range of information technology analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance work related to the agency's databases and applications. This is a position, within a team of information technology professionals. Responsibilities include providing guidance and mentoring to less senior analysts. The analyst is responsible for leading projects which focus on achieving the goals and mission of the agency.
- The selected candidate must have the following skills:
1. Minimum 8 years of analysis, design, programming, testing, implementing and supporting web based applications in Microsoft/Windows .NET platform.
2. Minimum 8 years in designing, developing, and implementation of web applications (using ASP.NET, C#.NET).
3. Minimum 2 years with .NET Framework 3.0 or greater
4. Minimum 5 years in developing systems with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- 5. Minimum 3 years in writing PL/Structured Query Language (SQL) and stored procedures in Oracle or Microsoft SQL 2005 or higher.
7. Minimum 3 years developing with WCF and /or Web Services.
8. Good oral and written communication skills and ability to organize and present information. 9. Experience working on a team that utilizes the Agile Development Methodology,
1. Experience with JQuery 2. Experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
3. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
4. Experience in developing reports with Microsoft Reporting Services.
5. Minimum 3 years in creating test files to test validity of system data and validate the functional requirements of a system.
6. Minimum 3 years in development of test plans and components, and conducting unit, system and user acceptance testing.
7. Knowledge of systems development methodology utilized in the development of new systems and enhancements, UML, configuration management, standard software lifecycle processes, structured programming methodology, relational database, support utilities, personal computers and personal computer software.