Position title: Enterprise Architect
Brief Summary of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for collaborating on the prioritization of technical requirements
• Collaborates with peer teams and vendors on the solution and delivery
• Has overall accountability for project delivery
• Works collaboratively with the Product Management, Data Management and other Architects to deliver for the cloud data platform, Data as a service
• Mentors and Leads developers to build an architecturally sustainable codebase that delivers a high-quality distrusted ,and scalable experience
• Consults with key technology stakeholders (internal and external API owners, etc.) to drive enhancements and changes to their products
• Drives analysis of metrics data to constantly improve the user experience
• Works collaboratively with software engineering team as they implement & deliver integrated solutions through the entire software delivery life cycle.
• Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology through code reviews, etc.
• Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, testing, and implementation
• Identifies standards based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drives adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills
• Initiates and leads effort towards organizational goals and objectives
• Ph.D / ME / M.Tech / MS degree in Computer science or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 7 years' software development experience, 5 years of which are specific to back-end technologies, 3 years of which are in cloud and data analysis.
• Exposure to Big Data technologies Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE, data streaming, ingestion, cleansing, transformation.
• Track record of building efficient, well-designed distributed systems
• Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
• Hands-on experience with Agile development practices, or Scrum project methodologies
• Excellent problem solving skills, meticulous & methodical, strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed
• Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into simple software solutions
• Experience developing large scale applications
• Experience with version control and defect management systems.
• Thorough understanding of Object Oriented principles
• Full software lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems
• Displays strategic thinking and can come up with sustainable solutions that span across projects and platforms keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
• At least 10 years of hands-on experience in migration of complex software packages and products to Azure (Cloud Service Providers CSP) IaaS and PaaS
• At least 7 years of hands-on experience on programming and scripting languages (.Net, C#, WCF, MVC Web API, SQL Server, SQL Azure, Powershell).
• Good to have experience in IT systems, operations, automation and configuration tools to enable continuous-integration and deployment (Jenkins)
• Solid understanding of database management systems–traditional RDBMS ( MS SQL)
• Ability to wear multiple hats spanning the software-development-life-cycle across Requirements, Design, Code Development, QA, Testing and Deployment –experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
• Analytical and Communication skills