We are currently looking for a Engineering Manager - Utilities Maintenance position with the topmost FMCG MNC in India. The position is to be based at their plant near Guwahati.
Our client is the topmost FMCG Groups of India and is an integrated and diversified group. With a market capitalisation of over US $ 30 billion and a turnover of US $ 8.0 billion, it is Rated among the World's Leading Companies by Forbes magazine. It has a very diversified product portfolio including Foods, Snacks, personal care, haircare, household care segments and a portfolio of strong brands and leading market shares in all product categories. It employs the best talent in India and is one of the best FMCG employers to work for.
Candidate Profile :
A Domicile of Assam is a must for this role.
Graduate in engineering (mechanical- Preferably/ production/ instrumentation or any relevant specialization). Work experience: 10 to 12 years post engineering on dedicated handling of utilities in a factory. (Foods/FMCG product experience preferred though not a must).
Should have experience in maintenance and handling of utilities. Should have worked with OEMs on installation of various utilities and must have an in-depth understanding of this area.
Roles and responsibilities of Utility manager :
(A). Managing operations, monitoring, routine and breakdown maintenance in following areas:
1. HT/LT Panels and breaker room, Transformers
2. Water Treatment Plant
3. Effluent and Sewage Treatment Plant
4. Fire fighting Pump house, Fire detection system and PA system
5. Central HVAC systems (Administrative Building)
6. Power back up systems : UPS and diesel generator
7. Plant Lighting
8. HSD and FO Unloading
9. Air compressors
(B). Coordinating with OEM- s/3rd party vendors for regular services and AMC's associated with central utilities.
A concise overview of such engagements is listed as below:
1. Calibration of relays and breaker servicing in HT/LT rooms, earthing pit testing.
2. Diesel generator annual checks
3. Bore wells maintenance
4. Cleaning of water storage tanks in WTP
5. Sludge removal in ETP & STP
6. Drain & Trench cleaning activities
7. Rain water harvesting system maintenance and upkeep of water collection ponds
8. Effluent, Sewage and Storm Water drains cleaning
9. Fire detection, alarm and PA system
10. Effluent Testing for statutory purposes, ensuring compliance to pollution control board
and license approved limits for air & water effluents
11. Civil, plumbing, painting, regular maintenance works in common areas
12. Tank cleaning in ETP & STP
13. Weighbridge maintenance
14. Turn stile, water coolers and air curtains maintenance
15. Camera, access control, automatic door, office furniture, canteen furniture, etc.
(C). Daily regular activities shall include:
a) Spares and consumables planning, ordering and stocking for all central utilities equipment's and benchmarking their usage patterns
b) Ensuring establishment of appropriate MIS procedures and reporting formats for each of the individual areas highlighted in (A).
c) Regular coordination with appointed 3rd party vendor (Thermax/GSH) to ensure smooth operation of common utilities as per ITC's expectations and protocols.
d) Ensuring compliance to ITC EHS guidelines in day to day operations in all areas under role portfolio.
e) Managing requirements of WTP/ETP lab and coordinating daily operations
f) Managing general hygiene and housekeeping activities in central utilities facilities
g) Ensuring compliance to equipment certification requirements for central utilities.
h) Ensuring compliance to equipment KPI's and uptime commitment's by 3rd party service provider
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE - In-depth knowledge of operation and maintenance
of infrastructural equipment, like boilers, DG sets,
- Maintenance practices, such as, preventive,
Predictive, condition monitoring, etc.
- System design for air, water, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers.
SKILLS - Negotiation skills
- Resource Management
- Analytical & Problem Solving skills
- Team Building & Motivation
EXPERIENCE - Experience in Power Plant, Ships, Process Industry in Maintenance / operation of varied utilities / infrastructure.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- 100 % availability of all services
- Reduction in cost of generation of services as compared to agreed standards
- Successful introduction of upgrades, new technology.
- Meeting all the Regulatory Norms.
Salary & Perks : Best in the industry - Around Rs.20.0- 22.0 Lpa
Location : Near Guwahati
Interested candidates may furnish the following details in word format resume :
Current and expected salary package :
Willingness to relocate to Guwahati :
Pls confirm if you a Local or with a domicile of Assam.
Options India Group