What do we expect from you?
* Have technical ownership of one or more product lines across customer engagements.
* Recruit, mentor, and lead a large team of talented engineers to their full potential.
* Communicate clearly and honestly with internal and external stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines.
* Inspire engineers to work hard, leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations.
* Oversee technical scoping and design of projects, ensuring projects deliver the expected value on time.
* Handle day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, employee rotation, leaves, and coordinating with Human Resources.
* Work closely with management to identify risks, solve problems, and maintain progress.
* Foster innovation in the team to develop features that push Novopay's offerings well beyond those of our competitors.
* Have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
What do you need to know?
* Experience in managing engineering teams and mission-critical software projects with customer-facing deliverables on tight deadlines.
* Understand the product and project management space with Agile methodologies.
* Experience across the product development SDLC
* Prior to being in the technical management role, must have had strong development background and architected scalable systems that have gone live
* Hands-on knowledge of Java or NodeJS serverside technologies
* Fair understanding of frontend technologies such as AngularJS & React
* Strong experience with RDBMS / NoSQL persistence stores
* Experience with agile planning and delivering short release cycles
What we'd also like
* Domain expertise in Financial Services, Retail Banking or Payments
* Hands-on experience of Microservices, Containers and such
* Performance tuning & infrastructure sizing
* Expertise in enforcing security across layers (client, transport, application, data store)
* Hands-on experience in setting up and configuring infrastructure on the Cloud