Roles and Responsibilities :
- Mentor and guide team of 10-12 top notch full stack engineers across various levels.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the products.
- Collaborate with Product managers and Business teams to develop a long-term product roadmap and own the release planning cycles.
- Developing and managing skills escalation and career trajectory path for the engineers in the team.Performing regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Working with VP Engg/CTO to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our fast paced environment.
- Responsible for hiring and skills management within the team.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- BS/ MS in Computer Science from NIT, REC, BIT's or other top tier colleges.
ENGINEERING MANAGER :
JOB PROFILE :
- 7-8 years of total work experience in high performance software with reputed companies and 1-2 years of work experience in managing engineering teams and project delivery, preferably in a start up environment.
- Strong hands on experience in at least one object oriented language (C++/Java) and one dynamic scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PHP) is a must.
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Symphony, Yii is desired.
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services would be preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information.