The E-commerce Technology Manager manages the front-end and back end e-commerce technology of our product stores. We use a hosted e-commerce solution, therefore the back-end technology is not intense, so the focus will to manage the functionality and look and feel of the front-end stores You must know how to edit code to fix errors and enhance functionality.
1. Manage homepage, design look and feel and fix navigation errors
2. Ensure all browser, device compatibility and improve mobile functionality
3. Review and improve user experience
4. Review and ensure smooth and easy order checkout experience
5. Ensure navigation errors, monitor sitemap, fix 404 errors
6. Improve on-page optimization and GTMetrix, Google PageSpeed, W3C, Webmaster tools compliance
7. Ensure site security and monitor SSL certificate validity periodically
8. Take and manage template, image and mobile site file back up locally
9. Maintain template and custom pages code in Big Commerce and Magento
10. Work with Product Catalog experts on product upload, gallery setup and product presentations
11. Work with Digital Marketing experts on on-page optimization, code optimization, marketing integrations etc.
12. Work on all web technology issues as needed
1. Hands-on experience in e-commerce
2. Experience with Magento or Big Commerce or Shopify
3. Experience with on-page optimization
4. Webdesign theme customization
5. Experience with GTMetrix, Google PageSpeed, W3C, Webmaster tools compliance
6. Online marketplaces product feed and template integration
7. Familiarity with all e-commerce components - SEO, PPC, social media marketing, channel marketing
We will look for candidates who can demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, commitment,willingness to learn and ability to perform more than all else (education, marks & awards etc).
Please help us understand you, by providing answers below:
1. What is your core expertise?
2. Tell us about skills in PHP, JQuery and Java
3. Have you worked on Magento, Big Commerce or Shopify previously?
4. Do you have experience in web page / on-page optimization?
5. Have you used Google and Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics etc.
6. What is your skill level in Adobe Photoshop?.