- Collaborate on a cross-discipline team to build scalable web applications and services in an Agile fashion.
- Keep current on emerging technologies to advance our architecture/technologies to support growth of the business.
- Benchmark and optimize the performance of new and existing applications.
- Participate in departmental code reviews and best practice discussions.
- Deep understanding of OOP and at least one modern programming language, e.g. Python, Go.
- Proficiency with one or more modern web application frameworks like Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web applications and services.
- Experience with SQL Databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code.
- Ability to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with at least one SCM system like Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience that would make you an even better candidate:
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like CouchDB, Redis.
- Experience with openstack cloud computing service.
- Experience with mobile web application development.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development.