Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Working Relationships / Communication
- Regularly interacts with the field to understand and meet/exceed service requirements.
- Leads operations team for the distribution center.
- Communicates effectively with corporate divisions of Merchandise Planning and Finance.
- Directs management team to establish priorities for the available work force and ensure proper execution.
- Maintains open communication with all levels of management in the distribution center.
- Establishes and builds All American Company Inc. culture within the facility
- Manages successful facility start-ups: within budget and on time.
- Implements Strategic Initiatives that focus on meeting growing business needs.
- Focuses on continuous service and cost improvement.
- Provides strategic direction to managers and supervisors for anticipating staffing requirements.
- Ensures that all employees are adequately trained and qualified before being placed on production.
- Ensures overall operation at maximum standards for production, quality, and attendance.
- Verifies that DC policies, including safety and housekeeping, are enforced consistently.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Responsible for continual tracking of budget related information.
- Reviews monthly Responsibility Center Number(s)
- Directs the procedures for calculating the financial roll-forward inventory on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for overall physical inventories in the distribution center
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to develop and manage operating and capital budgets.
- Strong time management skills.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience required.
- Knowledge and experience with distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting.
- Knowledge and experience using various computer systems.
- Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.